Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It has been so much fun watching Landon play this year. Last weekend we went to the Bountiful vs Viewmont game. As we walked into the stands we passed the student section, it made me so sad not to be walking up into the stands with all of the students. Life after high school really is a shock. Why I was so eager to get out is beyond me. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I work like crazy trying to save up as much money as I can so I can go to school and that is super tiring. I'm so lucky to have such an awesome aunt Michelle to help me figure everything out. She helped me get everything organized and helped me figure out all of the finances and other information. I couldn't have gotten the ball rolling with out her or Cameron. I'm planning on doing all of my generals at SLCC and then hopefully transferring to a university to do some nursing (labor and delivery). It has always been such a dream of mine to be a nurse and, as I used to say when I was little, take care of all the little babies. Now, I know that I've changed my mind about what I want to do like 2304893 times, but i feel like this is where I'm supposed to be. I know that its going to be hard but I'm willing to give it all I've got, I mean, I am paying for this... I'll make it worth it. I'm a little discouraged because in the back of my mind I keep thinking... you're definitely not smart enough to do something like that but, I want to prove myself wrong and show my family/people that I can do something if i stick my mind to it.
Maybe I find something else I want to do... who knows? But for now, I'm hoping to be come an RN.

7 comments:

Miller Family said...

Of course you are smart enough! I want to be exactly the same thing when I grow up! Maybe I can go to school with you. School is all about hard work, not really your IQ. If you really want it, you can have it. Go girl!

heyyhotmess said...

You'd make an awesome nurse Jordan. You could serenade all the prego mamas and calm them down 'n stuff.

:)

Jordan Darcie said...

Brooke:
I'll take my guitar and play them
beautiful .. uh... prego people songs...

Crystal:
I appreciate the support. We can be nurse buddies someday.

heyyhotmess said...

Hahah :)

Funky Farmers said...

Jordo- How have you been? I love checkin out your blog. You are such a cutie patootie! I need to add you to my list. I miss talkin with you all the time.

weston'smommy said...

Jordan,
You are amazing. It is defiantly hard to think about what you want to do for the rest of your life. I think you would make a great nurse. Hey you might even be delivering some of the babies on your own. My nurse delivered Weston before my doctor got there. I think you are defiantly smart enough you just have to put your mind and energy into it. Too bad you won't be a nurse yet to help with baby #2. Love ya.

molly said...

oh my gosh wow! help me figure out what to do with my life! hah that sounds awesome i could totally see you as a nurse for the babiiies!