Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A day to remember.

I was recently going through my drawers in my night stand and came across a journal entry/ piece of paper that I'd written two years ago to kind of vent about things.. I feel like it's an appropriate time to share... Pardon my grammer...


There's something important I feel like sharing that, as a whole I've never shared. As life seems to pass us by so quickly some people forget to sit down and reflect on things in their lives, feelings they've had, and things they've never shared. I'd like to talk about my cousin Matt. I know people will think that because we never really lived by each other that we didn't have a very good relationship.. but we surely did. Matt used to come to my house and do all of his laundry and get haircuts from my mom, as well as live with my awesome grandparents. We shared a lot of laughs. One night while i was laying in bed reading my scriptures, (yes, i totally was) I had a knock on my bedroom door.. Matt peaked his head in and asked what I was up to. He sat on my bed looking at all the pictures that I had scattered around my room. He looked at a picture that I had of molly and myself and chuckled to himself, I explained to him that it was a while back when we'd gone to one of his football games. We talked for a while and then he stood up, lifted a leg, and gave a big fart running out of the door to leave me with the stench... classic Matt. One memory I'll definitely never forget was the night Kylee, Matt, and I were at grandma Millers house and we just messing around. Kylee and I talked Matt into going to Emu's grave at the salt lake city cemetery. We had fully convinced Matt that there was a man that sat on his sons grave with a while cloak over himself. Matt assured us that he was a tuff guy and didn't believe that this was a true story and that he'd beat this guy up. We headed into downtown listening to weirdo rap music in the big red truck . To get to the grave you can either get out and walk or just drive by. Once we got there Matt locked the doors and held onto the steering wheel so tight. haha. When he saw Emu he screamed like a little girl and drove off so fast... quickly turning onto a one way street .... it was definitely a scary moment. funny. Another time when Matt was at my house he found my dads football dummy's. Landon and him had been playing around with them when i told him to hold it while i ran into it and tried to take it out. One, Two, Three!! I ran so fast and hard towards the dummy and i swear,with all of his power and might, he pushed that bag thirty times harder back into me. I flew backwards hitting the ground like i had fallen fifteen feet. My ears were ringing and all i could hear were the laughs of Landon and Matt. As time goes by i still think about what an example Matt was to me. I could sit here and tell you all of my stories of matt but it would be such a long story time. Even when the tears are rolling down my face when i take a moment to think back to when Matt lived in Utah, the spirit touches my heart. I feel so strongly that he's so happy where he is right now. I get to see Matt's picture everyday when I drive my car... his pictures sits on my car's dashboard. He reminds me of the blessings in my life and the importance of this life. I miss Matt. A lot. I miss the nickname..."strawberry." Matt was such a good friend/example... I'll never forget him.


I had written that just a little bit after Matt had past away. When I found the papers I felt like maybe I should share it with all of you guys. I truly loved and adored my cousin Matt... I am thankful for my understanding of this life... it was a blessing to have during such a hard time.

4 comments:

weston'smommy said...

Is this Taylor and Ryan's brother? When did he pass away and from what? I am so lost.

molly said...

i just died laughing! oh i miss him too.

Jordan Darcie said...

Haha. When i found this I was laughing my butt off. Remember when he made us give him like a three hour long massage after his game? Good times.

Lindsay said...

What a sweet post Jordo:) Thanks for sharing!!!